Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mark Ronson (featuring Bruno Mars): Uptown Funk



This blog is down with the kids, So here is the groovy platter that is currently top of the the hit parade.

To be honest, I cannot remember the last time I knew what the number one single was, let alone liked it. Perhaps if the current talk of bringing back Top of the Pops comes to something, it may happen more often.

Anyway, I think this is a really good record.

Alexis Petridis interviewed Mark Ronson the other day:
As I’m leaving, he starts talking again about the guitar part on Uptown Funk that made him faint. He played it to his stepfather, Mick Jones, of AOR titans Foreigner. "And he said: 'Oh, that’s good, is that Nile Rodgers?'
"That’s what I've done," he says, a little heavily. "I've made something so good that people don’t actually think it’s me."

No comments: