Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Simon Titley

Liberator and its friends and relations had some terrible news yesterday.

As you may already have read on Liberator's blog, Simon Titley is extremely ill and probably does not have long to live.

I would urge you to read the tribute to him (or "living obituary") there by Roger Hayes.

I'd just like to say a couple of things of my own.

The first is that Simon is the only person from whom I have ever accepted ideas for Lord Bonkers' Diary.

The second is that I am now so glad that I had lunch with him on three Saturdays last year. We lunched in Kibworth (after he had characteristically introduced me to a Chinese supermarket in Leicester that I did not know), Lincoln and, finally and most appropriately, in Melton Mowbray after a visit to the food fair.

Later. Stephen Yolland has also written about his friendship with Simon.
Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knew Simon and am so sorry for him and his friends.