Friday, October 02, 2009

Dead of Night and Oh Mr Porter

In these days of "I want it now" and "impatience is good", there is a pleasingly random element to the way that LoveFilm operates. You send them a list of the DVDs you would like to borrow from them, but you never know which ones they are going to send next. My mother tells me Boot's Library used to operate in the same way.

My latest two discs have arrived. They are the Ealing horror portmanteau Dead of Night and the Will Hay comedy Oh Mr Porter.

Having run a Will Hay quiz recently, I thought I should at least watch one of his films. And this also gives me a chance to uncork my latest trivial fact.

Hay's frequent collaborator Graham Moffatt was for a time the licensee of the Swan at Braybrooke, a village a couple of miles from Market Harborough. I feel a trip to photograph it coming on.

No comments: