Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lord Bonkers' Diary: "I'm free!"

Another week at Bonkers Hall draws to a close.

Sunday

Earlier this summer I was proud to join the candlelight vigil for the delightful Mollie Sugden: her touching concern for her pussy was a credit to her and did much to engender the renewed concern for the environment that one finds in so many young people these days.

But then “Are You Being Served” – How I used to roar! – was always more than just a comedy: historians agree that it did much to keep the flame of Liberalism burning in the hostile atmosphere of the 1970s.

In particular, I read John Inman’s repeated cry of “I’m free!” as a magnificent show of defiance in the face of tyrants everywhere.

Lord Bonkers was Liberal MP for Rutland South-West, 1906-10.

Previously on Lord Bonkers

No comments: