Sunday, November 25, 2007

I shall vote for Chris Huhne again

Chris Huhne banner

A month ago I wrote:

In the last election campaign I used this blog to declare my support for Chris Huhne. It was not a hard decision to make. To my mind he was by some way the best of the four candidates set before us.

This time I find the candidates - Nick Clegg and Chris Huhne - much more evenly matched. Therefore the sensible thing to do is to see how the campaign develops and decide whom to vote for when the time comes to send my ballot paper in.
I have watched the campaign develop and now have my ballot paper, so it is time to make up my mind.

I shall be voting for Chris Huhne.

In a contest in which there is so little between the candidates in terms of policy and background it is hard to be too partisan. But Chris strikes me as the more forceful character and the better communicator of the two.

No comments: